It is the 1st of September, which means summer is officially coming to an end. Hopefully you have had a great holiday, filled with relaxation, indulgence, and perhaps a few too many drinks, snacks and ice creams. Now it’s time to get back on track and into your workout routine. This might seem as a bit of a challenge for some of you, that’s why we are here to help!
Workout routine tips and tricks
- Set your goals: There is nothing wrong about taking your time to get back into your workout routine, so do not be too harsh on yourself. Think of what you would like to see different, and set realistic goals. Do you want to see things differently next summer? Make sure to create (time) specific targets to step by step work your way to the main goal.
- What motivates you? Whether it’s to feel stronger, boost your energy, lose some weight or improve your overall well-being, having in mind what you are doing it for is already half of the work. Your intrinsic motivation will help you stay focused and get back in/stay committed to your workout routine.
- Prioritize: Treat your workouts just like you would treat your job, meaning they are scheduled in your agenda and time blocked out. Money is important, so you prioritize it. Your health is (more) important, so do the same.
- Create accountability: That’s what we are for! Having a set appointment with your trainer for 2, 3 or 4 times a week makes it easier to actually go to the gym.
- Mix things up: Are you dreading your current workout program? Ask your training to switch some things, maybe include a specific skill you would like to learn to trigger your body and mind to learn something new.
Is your agenda already full again with appointments? And did you make some time to schedule your workouts in, too? If you need some help, we are happy to help. Get in touch with us by filling in this form, and schedule your free trial session.